Monday, June 13, 2011

 

On the Gay Girl

My two cents on "Amina": I think it says something that no one was saying much about Syria but when the "gay girl" went missing every single new outlet was posting about it--- while other bloggers disappear without anywhere near so much buzz. I know my fb friends went nuts about her when many of them had been ignoring the deaths in Syria for weeks/months. I think Tom was on to something... He ends his apology: "This experience," he continues, "has sadly only confirmed my feelings regarding the often superficial coverage of the Middle East and the pervasiveness of new forms of liberal Orientalism." Sure the regime will say it was Western propaganda- but they say that about everything.

Necessary Link: http://damascusgaygirl.blogspot.com/

Comments:
I hope you can check my new blog :
agayboyindamascus.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]